A list of 40 adventures and life experiences to have before turning 40
** Check out the end of the post for a FREE printable 40 Before 40 Bucket list
This year I surpassed the big 3-0 milestone, and it came with a whole recipe of emotions and feelings. Many contradicting ones, like exciting and scary and devastating. When I was far away from this point, it seemed so intimidating, so old. Like the ending of my youth. But now that I’m here, I realise that it’s not that old at all, that it’s only the beginning of many exciting adventures.
So as I start a new journey towards the next huge milestone, and in honour of the new year – I have decided to compile a list of 40 things to do before turning 40. This is purely an adventurous list, a bucket list of sorts. Not things like – career and financial goals, but more life experiences and once in a lifetime adventures.
This list was created with myself in mind, so I did not include things I have no desire for and would never do. However, it could very much be adapted to anyone else. Use it as inspiration to create your own list – to get ideas for yourself. Maybe you’ll even find something you never even thought of.
So without further ado, in no particular order…
1. Zip-lining – My favourite activity, would love to do the Gibbon Experience
2. Road trip through a foreign country
3. Go to your favourite musician’s live concert
4. Hike the Annapurna
5. Learn a new language
6. Watch IMDB’s top 250 movies
7. See the Northern Lights
8. Disneyland / Disneyworld
9. Learn a musical instrument
10. Eat at a Gordon Ramzy restaurant
11. Drive in theatre
12. Live in a different country
14. Go on a solo trip
15. Wine tasting in tuscany
16. Helicopter ride
17. Backpack through Asia
18. skydive / bungy jump
19. Sleep under the stars – somewhere you can see the Milky Way
20. Read all of your favourite authors books (jodi Picoult)
21. Shop at a super fancy brand – like Gucci, Chanel or Prada
22. Skinny Dipping
23. Visit every continent
24. Go on a Safari trip in Africa
25. See all current 7 wonders of the world
26. Fly first class
27. Hot air balloon ride
28. Drive a race car
29. Stay at a 5 star luxury hotel
30. Go to Oktoberfest in Germany
31. Celebrate st. Patrick’s day in Ireland
32. Attend a crazy festival abroad
33. Write a book
34. Fly very last minute
35. See the Lion King musical
36. Take a random class / workshop
37. Go to a very posh spa
38. Try to cook a crazy, complex recipe
39. Cooking classes in foreing countries – like India, Italy and Japan.
40. Train ride through Europe – The Bernina Express or one of THESE other great ones
Life has so much to offer, why not take full advantage of it all?
Some of these things on the list I have actually already done, but would either love to do again, or do a different variation of it. Either way, they are all things that I think one should do before turning 40. And yes, I am aware that most of them are travel related. I’m a huge believer in world travel. I’d rather live modestly, so I can travel as much as I can.
May all of your bucket lists be ticked off!
Stay safe, stay healthy and stay strong!
Check out these FREE printable 40 Before 40 Bucket List!
CLICK HERE to download the FREE printable 40 Before 40 Bucket List!
please share, pin and spread the love 🙂